Thursday, June 18, 2015

A college graduate in the family!

John receiving his degree
(Photo property of Jacqueline Griebel)

After four years of hard work my oldest son John received his bachelor's degree in computer science with a minor in mathematics from Westminster College. He received pink and gray cords in recognition of his membership in Kappa Mu Epsilon. John is a first generation college graduate so it was an extra special day for us. He was fortunate to secure a job in his field prior to graduation and has already relocated to the southern United States. We miss him terribly but are so very proud. It is going to seem odd not having him around the house during summer, although I do not think I will miss spending hours every spring researching scholarships for him. Because John worked hard during his high school and college career he was able to obtain scholarships that covered the cost of his education. I will be sharing some of my scholarship tips in a future post so check back soon.

  
Our family with the graduate
(Photo property of Jacqueline Griebel)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE HEARING FROM MY FANS!