Sunday, March 4, 2012

Miss Jackie's Fashion No-No's






Dear Readers,

While I am certainly not a fashion expert like Tim Gunn or Mr. Blackwell there are a few fashion mistakes that I thought I would share with you:

1. Brassieres and underwear are called undergarments for a reason! They are meant to be worn UNDER your clothing and not see the light of day in public. No one really wants to see your thong underwear or full briefs sticking out of the top of your pants nor is it attractive to wear a tank top with your bra straps exposed. If you are wearing a sheer/see-through type shirt please wear a camisole underneath it!

2. If you choose to wear pantyhose with open toe shoes or sandals please wear "toeless" pantyhose. You can purchase them at many stores including JCPenney's and Wal-Mart.

3. If you live in a cold climate like I do please do not wear a long, ankle length type skirt with a jacket that only comes to your waist. Your coat should be the same length or longer than the hem line of your skirt/dress. I know a lot of people might not have money to invest in multiple jackets or coats but you can find a quality knee length or street length coat reasonably priced at the end of the winter season in late January and February that will last for many years if you take care of it.

4. Don't become a victim of "Camel Toe" (you can Google it if you don't know what the term means) Syndrome! Do not stuff yourself into too tight pants! If you must wear Spandex pants in public please wear a tunic type shirt lest you offend the eyes and sensibilities of others.

5. Always wear clean shoes! You do not need to own several pairs of shoes/boots to look nice, it is how you take care of them that matters. If your shoes are made of leather you can clean them up nicely with saddle soap and a brush, if they are vinyl or another synthetic material regular dish soap and a water will work fine.

3 comments:

  1. All of these make sense to me... except for Number 3. I agree, underthings are meant to be underthings. Pantyhose should not be seen on your toes. Camel toe is not something to flaunt. And dirty shoes, eh, just clean them. But the coat thing? The others seem like much bigger issues than having a coat that is shorter than your dress. I guess it's just personal preference, but I don't see a problem with short coats and long dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a matter of personal preference I suppose, I am referring to wearing a waist length stadium type jacket with a long dress vs a nice coat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this, but the only thing I would not do is wear pantyhose with open-toes shoes, I do not like that look! i do not like panty hose' anyways, but like them only in the winter time!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE HEARING FROM MY FANS!