Sunday, September 2, 2012

Meet Miss Penelope


Here is the newest member of our family Miss Penelope! A few weeks ago we had to put my son's beagle Lucy down and it was very difficult for the whole family, we had that sweet dog for ten years and loved her. Exactly one week later we got a phone call from a friend wanting to know if we were interested in a seven month old beagle. The owner had purchased her for a hunting dog and found out she is gun shy and didn't want her. The funny thing was that was how we got our first beagle Miss Lucy, the owner gave her up because she was gun shy.


 After Miss Lucy passed away we talked about getting another dog, we definitely wanted another beagle but were planning on waiting awhile. But when we were offered this sweet girl who needed a home we couldn't turn her down. We brought her home and my oldest son John decided to name her Penelope, we call her Nelly for short. She is housebroken like Lucy was but she likes to head straight for the highway (not a good thing) unlike Miss Lucy so we are trying to get her trained to stay in the yard. Like all puppies she is playful and oh my can she jump! She is a pure bred beagle but I swear she is part Jack Rusell Terrier, she keeps jumping over the six foot fence in the back yard and over the furniture in the house. I'll keep you all updated on Miss Penelope's adventures, I"m sure their will be many!

4 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I'm sure she will bring so much happiness to your family. My furbabies all add something magical to every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so sweet! Dogs become such a part of your family. Mine chased a bunny onto the road over a year ago and I still miss her so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, what an adorable dog! Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet cute beautiful beagle! I have always liked beagles! Miss Penelope will be a great dog for you, and she will be much loved by you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE HEARING FROM MY FANS!