In The Kitchen - Mini Cheesecake Jars
When I saw a recipe for mini cheesecakes jars featured in the December issue of Martha Stewart Living last year I knew I had to give it a try! Who doesn't love cheesecake? I made these mini cheesecakes for Christmas gifts and put pretty bows on the lids and gave them as gifts. The recipe is fairly easy to do and pretty much foolproof.
For The Cheesecake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 ounces sour cream (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fruit preserves or jam
For The Graham Topping
- 1/2 cup finely ground graham crackers (from 4 crackers)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Make the cheesecakes: Beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes more. Reduce speed to low. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Raise speed to medium. Add sour cream, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Beat for 3 minutes.
- Divide batter among six 6-ounce jars, filling each two-thirds full. Transfer jars to a deep baking dish; add enough boiling water to dish to reach halfway up the sides of the jars. Cover dish with foil; cut 8 slits into top to vent. Bake until set in the center, about 25 minutes. Let cool. Refrigerate overnight to set.
- Meanwhile, make the graham topping: Stir together graham-cracker crumbs and butter. Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Top each cheesecake with 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons preserves. Divide graham topping among jars (about 1 heaping tablespoon each).