Monday, May 13, 2013

A Public Apology

I have joined the blog every day in May challenge (although I'm a little late joining on the 12th day). There is a set topic for every day of May that we are supposed to cover in a blog post.




Today's topic is issue a public apology. I would like to apologize to my oldest son John. As I have gotten older and can reflect on things I realize I was too hard on you at times growing up. I did push you hard but I honestly thought at the time I had your best interests at heart. While I watch your little brother growing up I find myself much more at ease about the little things that I would get so upset with you over, I know that life is too short and the world isn't going to end if he doesn't make the All Star Team or get straight A's. Somehow you endured the pressure kid and have turned out alright despite my well intentioned "helicopter parenting". I love you with all my heart and wish I could go back in time and do things differently but alas I can't so I hope you will forgive me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE HEARING FROM MY FANS!