Friday, April 20, 2012

Take A Load Off For Earth Day!

                                     (Photo Credit: Proctor & Gamble)


I was unaware, until I heard of Tide Coldwater detergent, of the fact that heating the water to do a load of clothes uses up to 80% of the energy used per wash load in the United States! I really thought it didn't make much difference as far as energy consumption goes if you washed in hot or cold water and always felt that hot water got my clothes cleaner. I switched from using hot water and regular detergent to washing in cold water with Tide Coldwater (which is specially formulated to get clothes cleaner in cold water) in February. My clothes are just as clean, including my husband's greasy work clothes, than before and our monthly electric bill dropped by almost $26.00!! I encourage my readers to  switch to cold water washing with Tide Coldwater, you can save some money and help the environment.

Tide and Future Friendly have launched the Take A Load Off Sweepstakes to encourage people to switch to cold water washing. Every week through May 13th one lucky winner will win a Maytag Bravos XL HE Top Load Washer and Dryer and a one year supply of Tide Coldwater! Tide and Future Friendly are asking people to switch to cold water washing and take a load off their wallet and the environment. Entering the sweepstakes is easy just go to: https://www.facebook.com/futurefriendly?sk=app_319568541440678  and click the green Promise button. You can enter once per day through the end of the sweepstakes on May 13th.


Disclosure: I became aware of the Take A Load Off Sweepstakes through the She Speaks program http://www.shespeaks.com/takealoadoff

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE HEARING FROM MY FANS!