With the Super Bowl around the corner it is time to start planning your Super Bowl Party Menu! Check out some of the great snacks from Pirate's Booty and enter to win a bundle of goodies valued at $75.
Super Frugal Stephanie & Pirate's Booty have teamed up for a prize pack giveaway that will include: TWO Bags of Limited Edition Football Themed bags of Pirate's Booty Aged White Cheddar PLUS Fun Pirate Swag! Please check out Super Frugal Stephanie's Review of Pirate's Booty!Please Enter to Win Using the Rafflecopter Below. Giveaway is Open to US ONLY 18+. Pirate's Booty is responsible for shipment of the prize. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ are in no way affiliated with this giveaway. Pirates Booty Provides Tips on How to Kick off Your Party with Healthier Crowd Pleasers
SEA CLIFF, N.Y. (January 17, 2013) – We’re gearing up for the Big Game and the largest snacking occasion of the year. While Big Game parties are a ton of fun, they can be a challenge if you’re trying to eat healthier. While a healthier and fun Big Game party may sound like a contradiction in terms, it doesn’t have to be when you have Pirate’s Booty on your team.
Emily Whelan Anschlowar, registered dietician and in-house nutrition expert at Pirate’s Booty, has created the following healthier swaps for a party that is sure to score points with family and friends. “Big Game Day is the biggest calorie fest of the year behind Thanksgiving,” said Anschlowar. “The average person will consume an entire day’s worth of calories in just three hours. Instead of your typical Big Game spread that is high in fat and calories, try the following tips that won’t leave your guests feeling sacked,” she continued.
- Crunch Time.
- An estimated 28 million pounds of potato chips are consumed during the Big Game. Bench regular fried potato chips and choose a better-for-you alternative like Pirate’s Booty, which has all the fun with half the fat and fewer calories. Pirate’s Booty is gluten-free and made in a peanut and tree-nut facility, so it’s great for the whole team. Pirate’s Booty is deliciously baked, all-natural and trans-fat free too – touchdown!
- Sack the Main Course.
- Pizza can be a great choice especially when it’s loaded with veggies and on top of a heart healthy whole wheat crust.
- On sub sandwiches, swap mayo for mustard, use low-fat cheese and lean meats like turkey and chicken. Also, pile on those veggies!
- When you swap out ground beef for a leaner meat like ground turkey in your pot of chili, you’re cutting down your fat intake.
- Sweet Spike.
- S’mores are always a win! Just swap milk chocolate for dark chocolate to gain the benefits of antioxidants.
- A fruit platter served with vanilla yogurt for dipping is also a great healthy choice.
- Tackle Beverage Bulge.
- Opt for light beer or water instead of regular beer or soda and watch consumption to avoid belly bloat and the extra calories.
Pirate’s Booty is Big Game Day’s MVS (Most Valuable Snack)! Pirate’s Booty is a deliciously baked, all-natural snack that the whole team loves. Pirate’s Booty just launched a limited-edition football themed 7 oz. bag of Pirate’s Booty Aged White Cheddar – perfect for the Big Game. The limited-edition football themed 7 oz. Pirate’s Booty Aged White Cheddar bags are available at grocery stores nationwide. The suggested retail price is $2.99.a Rafflecopter giveaway